By registering on The Exclaim, you agree that:
Registration is open to individuals of age 18 years and over. Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly accept personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
You will provide accurate contact information. When updates are necessary, you may revise any of this information through your account control panel, except your name, which may be changed by sending us an email.
For your own protection and that of other users of The Exclaim, and so as not to undermine the feedback system where it counts the most, you will not post contact information in ads that are directly selling a tangible item or items.
You will not use The Exclaim to:
- do anything unlawful, privacy-invading, disruptive to our service, or that harms anyone in any way.
- post or email any false or misleading information.
- post anything which, at our discretion, constitutes spam or advertises a business of questionable legitimacy.
- send unsolicited advertisements to members.
- post any item or service for sale which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law, which requires a license or permit to sell, or which you do not have the right to sell (due to, for example, copyright infringement).
- post a housing ad which violates the Fair Housing Act (by stating any discriminatory preference).
- post an employment ad which violates equal opportunity laws or the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- post any item, or link to a site, which promotes hatred, violence, or other offensive views or organizations.
- post obscene items or services, or links to sites containing obscenity.
- post any pictures containing nudity
- use profane or otherwise offensive language on any publicly visible area of the site, including in your user name.
- post any item in a category that doesn't relate to it.
Promotional giveaways are prohibited in the "Charitably Free" category. As the name implies, it's strictly for items that are free without a motive of monetary gain.
We have no liability in transactions between members, but will do everything in our power to help resolve any problems that may arise. For must-know information on avoiding dangers, read our Guide to Safely Buying and Selling Online.
Unless stated otherwise in a for-sale listing, it should be inferred that the seller will not accept returns for that item.
Electronic payments are processed only through third-party sites (such as PayPal.com), so we do not collect, store, or have access to your financial information.
We collect the following information and use it as described here:
This is used to: send initial password to newly registered member; send notifications about ads (this includes: someone orders or purchases an item, an item is expiring, someone asks a question about an item or makes an offer on it); send important announcements about the site. The email address of anyone who orders or buys an item on The Exclaim is provided to the seller of the item.
On occasion, we may issue newsletters to registered members. These messages will always include instructions to unsubscribe from future mailings.
Name and Mailing Address
When an item is ordered or bought on The Exclaim, we provide the seller with the buyer's shipping information.
Every member's IP Address is recorded as a fraud-protection measure.
Fees paid for adding features to listings are non-refundable.
A "cookie" is a text file placed in the browser files of your computer. We do not store any personally-identifying information in cookies. The purposes they serve on The Exclaim are: 1.) logging you in and, if desired, keeping you logged in so you don't have to re-enter your user name and password on each visit. 2.) saving your radius and zip code settings for subsequent visits to our site. 3.) tracking affiliate referrals.
We will never give out your personal information to anyone, unless it becomes necessary due to either the existence of evidence that you've been fraudulent in any dealing through The Exclaim, or our reasonable belief that disclosing information about you may prevent either physical or financial harm.
We may, at our discretion, remove or suspend your account without notice if we believe you have violated this agreement. If, in such case, you have open ads on the site, they will also be removed or deactivated.
Our service is provided without any warranty of any kind, and we are not liable for any damages incurred in connection with The Exclaim site.
Any changes to this agreement will be posted to this page immediately, and the date below will be updated. Your continued use of the site following any such changes constitutes your agreement to the updated terms. In the event that changes are major, we will post an announcement about them on the site and/or send out an explanatory email to subscribed members.
Agreement Last Revised May 11, 2011